- Hand-crafted from cast-off 55 gallon steel drums, artists in Haiti follow four generations of tradition in metal sculpture.
- The artist first visualizes his design, often taking inspiration from his culture and natural surroundings.
- Next, he chalks his design onto the flattened metal and then, using only a hammer and chisel, gives the sculpture form and dimension.
- The result is a unique piece of folk art, perfect for home or garden use.
- These sculptures are great indoor or out~ For outdoor use the varnish will wear away over time and the sculpture will begin to rust naturally or you can maintain the original look by spraying it with a clear enamel every couple of years~